3/31/2015

SPAMS: an alternate way to learn English

NO! It's not always that I give myself the opportunity to open spams in my email.

As we can recall, spams are disruptive online messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as email.

So, it might probably be a fraud, someone trying to steal your money or commit online crimes as long as you don't clink those links. If you do so, it will probably become an albatross around your neck.




But this morning I could not resist. The email was from: office; the main title was: food. Who can deal with that?

Dear Sir/Madam:

We need to import a container at least of honey . If your esteemed company could provide the honey, Our company wish that we can cooperate for a long time. If you are interested ,please do not hesitate to contact us. We could tell you our contact number. Have a nice day!

Warm greetings,
Paul   

The nicest thing from this email from a domain in China (later found out) is how we always happen to get these awkward messages. I do not own a company and never have produced honey (I don't even like it very much). They are not very sure about calling us Sir or Madam, which is a nice way to start an email to a person. And I don't want to let them think I'm hesitating by not replying it, but I'm just not the person supposed to get it.

In the end, though, they could at least have changed "warm greeting" for "sweet" ones, if they are so interested in getting honey.

Anyway, just be careful with these tricksters!

See you!

P.S.:
ALBATROSS AROUND (ONE’S) NECK: something or someone that is a burden and difficult to get rid of

1. That car costs you so much to repair. It has become an albatross around your neck. Why don’t you get rid of it?

2. I hired my wife’s brother to work in my business but he’s worthless. He doesn’t do anything. He really is an albatross around my neck.

(From the book In the loop: A Reference Guide To American English Idioms; Adapted from:
Something to Crow About by Shelley Vance Laflin; ed. Anna Maria Malkoç, Frank Smolinski)


1 comment:

  1. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... ransomwares

    ReplyDelete